Most companies are constantly looking for ways to export in order to increase their sales and profits. But many of these companies are unware of the risks of exporting.So,what can be said about companies that are new to the world of exporting?
For any company that has never exported, the exporting challenge is twofold: On the one hand moving in the right direction, and on the other facing the problems of exporting. In order to meet this dual challenge, each company should first ask itself the following eight important questions and answer each question as frankly as possible:
- Does the company well understand its commitments to export?
- Is the company able to dedicate time and resources for exporting?
- Does the company have sufficient financial resources to incur expenses for travelling and prospecting abroad?
- Is the company well prepared to establish an international marketing plan with defined goals and target markets?
- Does the company have an adequate knowledge on how to protect its intellectual property rights internationally?
- Are the company’s products or services commercially available?
- Is the company ready to adapt its products or services to target market’s needs?
- Does the company have enough production capacity to meet export orders?